Solved

Back In Stock does not want to appear

• 6 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

G’day.

I’ve set up Back In Stock flow and added the snippet of code onto my theme liquid, but for some reason the button doesn’t want to appear.

I even assigned id addtocart on the red box, if what I’m reading regarding alternate_anchor is correct (yes, i want to remove the get a sample button as well).

I initially used render tag to keep my codebase clean, but I’ve tried by directly pasting the code onto theme.liquid and it still refuses to show the button.

I’ve done the flow and turned on the onsite tracking, what else I’m missing here?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Maxbuzz 7 February 2024, 06:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Raikojou!

May I ask what Shopify theme you’re using? Our back-in-stock functionality is only intended to be used for the free Shopify theme - if you’re on a paid or custom theme, we have no insight into what could be causing the issue.

Best,

Brian

Badge

Hi @Raikojou!

May I ask what Shopify theme you’re using? Our back-in-stock functionality is only intended to be used for the free Shopify theme - if you’re on a paid or custom theme, we have no insight into what could be causing the issue.

Best,

Brian

Hi Brian, thank you for your reply. I’m using Impact theme.

I understand that the guide specifically mentions you don’t support custom theme; however I’ve had success in the past with the same theme and another theme, Empire. Unfortunately I’m unable to reproduce the success this time.

Cheers

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello @Raikojou 

Looks like there is some issue in the JS code of your theme.

This error is blocking the Klaviyo flow to trigger on the wesbite:

Try disabling the Avada SEO Suite and that should fix the issue.

Badge

Hi @Raikojou!

Best,

Brian

Hi Brian, thank you for your reply. I’m using Impact theme.

I understand that the guide specifically mentions you don’t support custom theme; however I’ve had success in the past with the same theme and another theme, Empire. Unfortunately I’m unable to reproduce the success this time.

Cheers

Hi, @Raikojou, we’re using the Empire theme for the Back In Stock script as well. Except, I’m unable to get it styled as a button, it’s just showing as below. Have you been able to get it to style as a button on the Empire theme or just show as below?

Badge

Hi @kelsiecgs 

Customizing the button and popup is done through the javascript.

IIRC the Klaviyo guide details out how to style the button (you can even use the same class as your other buttons to make everything more coherent).

Cheers