Solved

Add Segment definition based on the url

• 5 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I have 2 different shops US/Mexico and I need to create definition for US Segment and Mexico Segment based on the shop URL they are:

edasi.com/us-en (to put them in US list)

edasi.com/mx (put them in MX list)

Can someone help me?

icon

Best answer by Dov 6 April 2022, 15:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Isajloski,

Thanks for sharing this question with the community.

We currently don’t have a method to segment users based on Shop URL. This is because each Klaviyo account is designed to only support one shop URL at a time (with the exception of Magento 2, in which case see our guide here on supporting multiple stores under a single Magento integration).

Assuming you are not using Magento, I recommend creating two separate Klaviyo accounts for each shop. That will in effect “segment” the users into their own separate Klaviyo accounts. Having separate accounts has many benefits including streamlining data analysis and preventing confusion amongst metrics with flows and segments. You can also can easily manage languages for each Klaviyo account. Also, take advantage of multi-account log-in when you have multiple Klaviyo accounts. This will make it easy for you to navigate between each account seamlessly. 

Additionally you may find it helpful to review our guide on How to Create a Location-Based Segment and create segments for users based on location.

I hope that is helpful!

Badge

Forget two stores. What about just segmenting based on different urls within the same store?

This is segmentation 101 from over 10 years ago.

Badge +4

Forget two stores. What about just segmenting based on different urls within the same store?

This is segmentation 101 from over 10 years ago.

HI, Exactly @brmarketing were you able to find how to do it?