Solved

Audience for Informational Emails

• 22 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

We are sending an informational based email next week to communicate some of our support pages being down for maintenance. I typically only send marketing emails to my engaged audiences and I’m not sure if I should send this type of email to the entire list or continue to focus on my engaged list. My concern is that although the information is timely and necessary, sending to the whole list will affect our deliverability scores. 

Overall, hoping someone has some insights on best practices for sending informational emails and what your audience should look like. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 23 January 2024, 17:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Welcome to the community @jen.paul 

I would not recommend sending this type of email to your unengaged contacts. If they are not clicking on your emails or visiting your website, then they’ll likely not notice the support pages are offline anyway! As you say, that will likely impact your stats, deliverability, and sender reputation.

I assume you will have an ‘under maintenance’ message on the affected pages? I think that would suffice for any unengaged contacts who happen to visit your support pages!

Hope that helps.

Andy

Badge +1

Welcome to the community @jen.paul 

I would not recommend sending this type of email to your unengaged contacts. If they are not clicking on your emails or visiting your website, then they’ll likely not notice the support pages are offline anyway! As you say, that will likely impact your stats, deliverability, and sender reputation.

I assume you will have an ‘under maintenance’ message on the affected pages? I think that would suffice for any unengaged contacts who happen to visit your support pages!

Hope that helps.

Andy

Thanks so much for the reply! We will have a global banner and a landing page explaining the maintenance. Everything you said here makes sense, so I really appreciate the insight. We hadn’t done this type of communication before and I wanted to make sure we’re doing it correctly. 

Appreciate it!