Solved

Blacklist domains

• 28 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

First post :D

I have looked around in the help docs but couldn’t find any details on this… Is it possible to add a blacklist of domains we don’t want to accept subscribers from? I think it would be a very cool feature to avoid spam traps, scrappers (like Milled) and others.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Melissa.Matusky 30 November 2020, 14:49

@Platanomelóm welcome to Klaviyo Community! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback & ideas! Klaviyo doesn’t currently have the ability to block people from subscribing to your account based on domain, but we do have other tools that help maintain list health.

Klaviyo’s double opt-in process requires users to confirm their email before being added to your list and after they intitally fillout your signup form. Enabling this feature is a great way to ensure spam traps from entering your newsletter list.

Additionally, Klaviyo’s segmentation capabilities can collect email addresses you don’t wish to include in your regular sends. Simply use the condition “Properties about someone” > Email> contains> the particular email domain you wish to exclude. Here is an example of that segment definition

You can collect multiple domains by using an “OR” connector. 

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Agree with @Melissa.Matusky that creating a segment and using the notification flow for alerts is a great way to go about it! Thanks for sharing this tip with the Community @Platanomelóm
Cheers,
-Cass. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Platanomelóm love the idea of setting up the alerts for when these domains subscriber to your list! It's a great way to both clean out the list and keep an eye on how frequently these emails come into the account.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Melissa! I ended up creating a segment for those e-mails and then acivtating a notification flow to alert me each time someone joins that segment, so I can go manually and clean it :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Platanomelóm welcome to Klaviyo Community! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback & ideas! Klaviyo doesn’t currently have the ability to block people from subscribing to your account based on domain, but we do have other tools that help maintain list health.

Klaviyo’s double opt-in process requires users to confirm their email before being added to your list and after they intitally fillout your signup form. Enabling this feature is a great way to ensure spam traps from entering your newsletter list.

Additionally, Klaviyo’s segmentation capabilities can collect email addresses you don’t wish to include in your regular sends. Simply use the condition “Properties about someone” > Email> contains> the particular email domain you wish to exclude. Here is an example of that segment definition

You can collect multiple domains by using an “OR” connector.