Solved

Bulk Upload Property Filters for a Segment

Badge +3

I have a list of around 300 custom properties we are using and I’d like to find a way to bulk upload them to a segment definition filter. Right now it seems like my only option is manually enter them as “OR” filters but this is very time consuming for so many properties. Surely there has to be an easier way to do this?

icon

Best answer by Dov 12 April 2021, 16:49

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Bartfish 

Thanks for writing in to the community, happy to jump in here!

Regarding these different properties, if they all function as their own property the best way to do this is how you mentioned with “or” connectors in the segment. If this is related to one property with over 300 values, you could create a segment using a “contains” definition rather an “equals”.

If you're interested in uploading a list of values for a single property (such as, “Sizes”), you will need to use JSON syntax. Create an array of your values that looks like this: [“value1”, “value2”, “value 3”].

I’m also linking this article that talks through custom property set up more in depth.

I hope this helps!

Marissa

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Bartfish,

Thank you for sharing this information with the Klaviyo Community. And thank you @marissanunez for your response.

Currently, you must use “OR” criteria to separate each custom property. There isn’t a method to bulk add or bulk modify custom properties to a segment definition. Making bulk changes to the segment definition has been discussed in the past and I will bring this up to the product team to see if we can roadmap it for future development.

Thanks and have a great day

Badge +1

Hi there,

Would also love a bulk upload option for Segments.

We create a lot of robust location-based segments and agree that it’s extremely time consuming and tedious to use the “OR” criteria for 400+ property dimensions (one example being Zip Codes). 

Hoping to see a feature like this soon!

Badge +2

Definitely need Klaviyo to add this. I am surprised for a company so large it’s not already a feature. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @ErinB 

Thank you for your feedback! I have marked this thread for continued review and will update date here if we get an update from the development team. 

Have a great day!

Badge +3

Hi @Bartfish 

Thanks for writing in to the community, happy to jump in here!

Regarding these different properties, if they all function as their own property the best way to do this is how you mentioned with “or” connectors in the segment. If this is related to one property with over 300 values, you could create a segment using a “contains” definition rather an “equals”.

If you're interested in uploading a list of values for a single property (such as, “Sizes”), you will need to use JSON syntax. Create an array of your values that looks like this: [“value1”, “value2”, “value 3”].

I’m also linking this article that talks through custom property set up more in depth.

I hope this helps!

Marissa

Hi Marissa, 

Can you elaborate on how to use JSON syntax to do this? How would I upload this if I have the values prepared?

Badge

any updates on this? We would also love to be able to bulk upload property filters for segmentation. We use zip codes to define regions and can only offer specific products to specific regions so this would be very helpful to us. Manually uploading 4000+ zip codes using the OR function is not going to be a viable option for us. Really hoping this is on the product roadmap for the near future. Thanks in advance!

Badge +1

We also really need this feature, particularly with geo-targeting segments using zip codes. I figured I could enter multiple zip codes into the zip code field, but no such luck - REALLY time consuming to enter in one at a time, more or less renders that proximity to a location condition useless unless you’re only sending to a handful of zip codes/locations. Please add this as a feature, thanks! 

Badge

Hello,

Are there any updates with this? To everyone’s point, it is really unfortunate that this isn’t something that we can already do. It’s EXTREMELY time consuming to manually add in all zip codes and recently as I’ve tried to add in 100+ zip codes, my Klaviyo page crashed and I was asked to reach out to contact support.

Please add this feature as this is a HUGE miss! 

Badge +2

Throwing my name on the list here as well! Definitely need a bulk upload feature. Incredible time suck without one. 

Adding our name in here. This is critical for us if we are going to upgrade to text marketing.

Badge +1

Leaving my name here for the same reasons.

Badge +1

Since you all guys have been using the OR condition to add several Zip Codes in a segment, can you tell me what’s the limit? how many conditions can be added?

Also leaving my name here. Please contact if there are new information.