Solved

Can i import shipping addresses from shopify?

• 18 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

My customer profiles in klaviyo only have city and state. Can I:

1. Set up a custom property to start importing street address?
  2. resync existing profiles with this info somehow?
icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 21 March 2022, 21:51

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Alexander413.

Welcome to the Community!

While the Klaviyo profile does hold the entire address of a user, you’re right only the the city and country is visible. We do not surface the full address in this section for privacy reasons.

It should be noted that how and when Klaviyo Klaviyo Sets a Profile's Location as the location of a profile can change depending on where they open up an email. We set a profile's location when they place an order or open up an email, so if someone enters their address and then opens up the email in another country, this will overwrite the property that you have saved. Knowing such, to have a permanent full address, I would recommend collecting this info a custom property via a form or manage preference page. 

?name=inline1916103215.png
​​

?name=inline-1826079596.png

Adding this as a custom property vs a Klaviyo property will ensure that the address information on the profile that won't get overwritten if we sync a new location. You can change this to collect for users moving forward and can send out a campaign to your old users asking them to to update the address on the mange preference pages via a link or and also add this to one of your welcome flow emails/

Thanks for participating int the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Related question.  I understand the privacy issues and hiding the street address.  Is it possible to access the full address, and not see it, in order to aggregate for example street names, then assign it a code for use in a custom automation or segmentation?  Not sure if this makes sense.

Badge +2

Hmmm - I’m not sure.  For anyone else reading this, I wanted to update this. I wanted to have the address to incorporate a direct mail (postcard) campaign into my flows. My workaround is to use Post Pilot and create flows directly with Shopify and therefore its not actually connected to Klaviyo. Hope this helps someone else.

Badge +1

Hmmm - I’m not sure.  For anyone else reading this, I wanted to update this. I wanted to have the address to incorporate a direct mail (postcard) campaign into my flows. My workaround is to use Post Pilot and create flows directly with Shopify and therefore its not actually connected to Klaviyo. Hope this helps someone else.

Smart work-around.  Might work for what I’m thinking too.  Thank you.👊

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @jkalo,

Thanks for hopping in on this for an additional workaround @Alexander413.

While I’m not familiar with Post Pilot, unfortunately, there isn’t a way to utilize the data this way in Klaviyo. A potential workaround would be to export those address data from your ecommerce platform of users who have purchased from your site and/or export a custom profile property field if you were storing that information in Klaviyo.

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Thank you @Taylor Tarpley.  Another good work-around.