Solved

Compliance Alert! What do do when customers share their information handwritten?

• 25 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Every weekend, I do live activations! An engaging way to get people to try our products. They share their information on a card to participate in different giveaways, and they consent to receiving emails. 

I manually enter their information on a spreadsheet that I upload to Klaviyo. Many times, I don't understand the handwriting and potentially get their information wrong. It seems that this is altering compliance due to hard bounces. What should I do? People rather write their information than use a QR code and their phones. 

icon

Best answer by ebusiness pros 25 October 2023, 22:10

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi @angelicacamflo! I love that you’re using in-person events and giveaways as a tactic to grow your list. 

Although it makes a lot of sense that people would prefer to write emails by hand, if you continue to collect them this way, you won’t be able to consistently prevent typos that would lead to bounced emails. I’d encourage you to create a Klaviyo signup form that can be hosted on a page, and give people a QR code to scan and pull up the form. 

If people continue to be resistant to it, you could affirm your desire to make sure you’re able to contact people when they win. In order to do that, you need accuracy in email addresses, and using the QR-triggered form helps you ensure that consistently for everyone. Usually, if you position something like this with a customer service angle of “here’s how it helps you, the customer” people are willing to be flexible.

Warmly,

Gabrielle

Klaviyo Champion & Marketing Lead at ebusiness pros