Solved

Encouraging customers to subscribe to newsletters

• 6 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi all,

I have a bit of a dilemma. Our top goal is to grow our Newsletter list, we want to do this by encouraging customers to sign up to receive notifications for items they’re interested that will be available for preorder in the near future.

Currently, we “hide” upcoming products behind a password protected sign up form. Once the customer signs up, ideally, they would receive an email that provides the password AND subscribe them to the newsletter. Once inside the product page, they can then sign up to receive notifications about that specific product (thus adding them to a specialized list outside of the newsletter).

I’m having trouble figuring out how we can get them to sign up for the newsletter, but also receive a password? Or vice versa?

If the first option isn’t possible, is there a way in the password email to at the very least, encourage them to sign up for the newsletter? Is there a link we can format into the email that once they click it, signs them up for the newsletter?

The way things are formatted currently, I’m not seeing a way to route any sign-ups through the newsletter.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 7 August 2021, 01:43

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @DianaM. 

Thanks for being a part of the Community and hope to provide some insight to your ideas!

To start, one way for customers to get a password after signing up for your Newsletter would be to add that as part of the confirmation message you have once people enter their emails. 

Additionally, you should ensure that all customer data is populating the right list for your intended sign up form.

Here is a guide on how to create sign up forms as well!

As an idea, you could create a multi-step form to gain interest for different products before customers submit their email. That way you could create different segments  for users and send campaigns based on product segments. 

Another recommendation I would have is to create a VIP segment for users who you would want to share the preview of exclusive products with. This way you can send these people in your segment specific news about a password or just offer them exclusive access links.

Let me know if you have further questions!

Alex