Solved

Have not sent emails in Klaviyo for 10 months. I sell on Shopify

• 17 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

I’m having an issue on what is the best way to send out my first email back to my customers after not sending out emails in Klaviyo for 10 months. We had to stop due to budget cuts but we are back on. We sell through Shopify and our Early Black Friday Sale starts today Friday 11-17-2023. 

We have not sent emails anywhere else. Would it be best to grab 10% off our primary email list us it to warm up?

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 17 November 2023, 16:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @Luxie901,

Welcome to the Community! Congratulations on the upcoming re-launch of your email marketing campaigns 😊

After a long period of not sending campaigns, it is best practice to re-warm your list by sending first to those users who were previously highly engaged with your brand. To do so, you can create an engaged segment to capture those users who most frequently opened/clicked on your campaigns 10 months ago. As you continue to send emails, you can slowly expand this segment to include users from a wider engagement range, and of course to include newly engaged users from your current campaigns. 

You can be playful as well with the subject lines or email copy to acknowledge the gap in communication from your brand, and welcome subscribers back to your campaigns. Something like “Did you miss us?” or “We’re back! Celebrate with X% Off” as part of your BFCM sale announcement. 

If it has been a while since you had any email activity on Klaviyo, I would also recommend checking the following:

• If you used to have Flows set up, make sure these are turned back on
  • Check copy/content in your email templates to be sure they are still applicable
  • After the BFCM holiday season, be sure to perform list cleaning to suppress those users who no longer interact with your email marketing efforts
  • If you had sign-up forms enabled in Klaviyo, confirm those are still active and able to collect new subscribers

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski