Solved

How do I add new signups on website to newsletter?

• 1 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi, 

I am able to add customers signing up via the Sign Up forms to my Newsletter list. However, when someone registers as a new user onto my website, they are not getting added to the newsletter list, however I can see them under the Profiles section.

My website is built on WooCommerce. How do I automatically add new registered users to the Newsletter list?

icon

Best answer by David To 1 June 2021, 16:51

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Hi there 👋🏼

I have the same problem with the addition that there is no form submission counted. On top of that, the email doesn’t get sent out. So, not doing much good. 

Can anyone help here, please? 🙏🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @LOOQAL,

By default, contacts who create an account on your website would not be added to any specific list in Klaviyo. To change that though you can leverage Klaviyo’s Subscribe API to sync these subscribers to a designated Klaviyo list. You can learn how to leverage Klaviyo’s API to push these contacts to a list from the below articles and documentation Klaviyo offers:

Since this would be a custom solution, we would recommend reaching out and working with a developer you are familiar with or finding a Klaviyo partner who can assist in this endeavor.

@cpn.coach, If your Klaviyo signup form is not counting form submissions, I would recommend double checking to ensure that your form’s button setting is set up appropriately. Klaviyo signup forms will only count a form submission if the form’s button action is set to “Submit form” with a “List to submit to” designated. Signup forms will not count form submissions if the button action is set to “Close form” or “Go to URL” or if you do not have a “List to submit to” designated. From the example below, despite the button’s action setting being enabled for “Submit form”, since the “List to Submit” setting isn’t set up, contacts who fill out the form would not be counted as a submission.

Thank you both for being members of the Klaviyo Community!

David

Badge +1

@david.to  does the website signup goes the same for shopify as well? cuz lots of customers keep dm me for not receiving any promotional emails as I promised at website signup, pls do help me out

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @benkok123,

Although the situation brought up by @LOOQAL was specific to WooCommerce, the foundation would still stand for Shopify where account creations by default would not add customers to a specific list. 

For Shopify to allow subscribers who create an account to also be added to a Klaviyo list, you must first ensure that the account creation form is passing a hidden input group tag of <input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter">. In addition to this, you’ll also need to ensure that the form is passing Accepts Marketing. You can learn more about how to add this Accepts Marketing checkbox to the account creation page from Shopify’s own Community post here

Lastly, with those changes made to the form, customers who create an account while accepts marketing to opt-in would then be added to the list designated in your Shopify Integration’s Accepts Marketing setting

Hope this helps!

David