Solved

How do I label my customers to put them on a list together?

• 15 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I sell at events so not many sales link to Shopify.  I can’t figure out how to create a list of customers.  Any ideas?  Thanks,

icon

Best answer by chelsgrove 15 July 2022, 17:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Hi Charlie - you can use tags! Tag customers how you would like and then you can create Lists or Segments based on the tags. Let me know if you need help or if you were thinking of something else.

Badge +1

Hi Charlie - you can use tags! Tag customers how you would like and then you can create Lists or Segments based on the tags. Let me know if you need help or if you were thinking of something else.

Thanks.  I can’t add tags to profiles.  I can add tags to lists I create, but that I don’t know how to add people to the list in the first place as I’m not creating the list based on behaviour, etc.  I want to go through my profiles and find my customers and tag them/add them to my unique customer list.  Not all my customers come from my website.  I sell a lot of the time at events.  Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Charlieoven,

I think this would also depend on how you are collecting and storing the user email when you are collecting them in person. If you had a separate CSV from in person sales that you keep, then you could import that CSV onto your Klaviyo account.

Is that something that would work?
Alex

Badge +1

Hi Alex,  That could work, most of the customers are already on other lists from signing up for information on our website.  I imagine that I could merge contacts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Charlieoven,

Glad that is a possible solution.

The best way to consolidate lists is to create a segment that combines the lists. The definition would look like (for example):
Person is or is not in a list > IS in List A
OR
Person is or is not in a list > IS in List B

Another option can be done by exporting one list and uploading it to another.

Below is a link that goes provides detailed steps on combining lists using both methods as well as a guide to profiles in Klaviyo: 
How to Combine Lists
Guide to Profiles in Klaviyo

I also recommend taking a look at this community posts about merging lists and what to look out for:

Thanks,

Alex