Solved

Is it possible that my segment's filtering out people who had placed orders from my store had an error or that my definition settings are incorrect?

• 28 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello, I recently made a segment to filter out people who has purchased from one in two of my stores, and also leaving out people who is in the pruchasing process (about 15 days). with the following definition:

I used this segment to send out various campaigns. Some of my customers responded back, saying that they had never purchased from me before and that my campaigns were not in their interests. Is it possible that I have set the definition incorrectly?

Would appreciate if there is any assistance on this, thanks!

icon

Best answer by David To 28 July 2023, 17:07

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Dinhphi,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Was there a reason why you have multiple definitions for Placed Order? I.E.

• Placed Order at least once over all times OR Placed Order at least once overall times
  • Placed Order zero times in the last 15 days
  • Placed Order zero times in the last 15 days

Are these by chance two separate Placed Order events? If so, then this sounds like a common AND/OR logic confusion

You mentioned that you were looking to filter out people who have purchased from one of your two stores. How are you doing that? Are both stores managed in a single Klaviyo account? If so, then this does raise some further questions on how your backend is setup. 

One thing to note is that it’s best practice to give each store their own Klaviyo account for better management. It’s also related to a consent and compliance matter as well. For example, if you owned Store A and Store B, you should not be reaching out or adding subscribers from Store A to your subscriber list through Store B. Doing so is considered list sharing and would violate a number of regulations including CAN-SPAM, GDPR, CASL, etc.

David