Solved

Is there a way to identify multiple sign-ups from the same IP?

• 10 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi everyone! 

In regards to users that abuse welcome forms and constantly keep entering using multiple different emails, is there a way to either identify, block or suppress further sign-ups from a specific IP? 

I’ve already identified 4 of their aliases via the codes they used but I want to double check my lists to see if they have any additional emails that have been recently submitted to gain more discount codes. 

Cheers, 

Theodore 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 11 August 2022, 17:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @TTheodore

Thanks for sharing your question with us! Sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue. 

I agree, it is a pain when users from the same IP keep signing up for discounts and offers, yet through different emails. We do have a great ‘list bombing’ feature that is a protective measure against situations like this, however, it seems that this user hasn’t met the threshold for this feature to kick in yet. As well as enabling double-opt in setting to your list, I have seen other stores enable additional layers of security that may be able to block visitors from a certain IP, but you will need to investigate these options and manually install them in the backend of your site. 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor