Skip to main content
Solved

Is there a way to identify multiple sign-ups from the same IP?

• 10 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone! 

In regards to users that abuse welcome forms and constantly keep entering using multiple different emails, is there a way to either identify, block or suppress further sign-ups from a specific IP? 

I’ve already identified 4 of their aliases via the codes they used but I want to double check my lists to see if they have any additional emails that have been recently submitted to gain more discount codes. 

Cheers, 

Theodore 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @TTheodore

Thanks for sharing your question with us! Sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue. 

I agree, it is a pain when users from the same IP keep signing up for discounts and offers, yet through different emails. We do have a great ‘list bombing’ feature that is a protective measure against situations like this, however, it seems that this user hasn’t met the threshold for this feature to kick in yet. As well as enabling double-opt in setting to your list, I have seen other stores enable additional layers of security that may be able to block visitors from a certain IP, but you will need to investigate these options and manually install them in the backend of your site. 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor