Solved

Klaviyo is sending my emails only to the half of my active subscribers

• 22 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Need help!

I have 2083 active subscribers

My email go out only to 1099 subscribers, even though I choose all of the segments available in my klaviyo.

More than 1000 customers are getting my emails.

What to do?

It is extremely important to solve this.

Thank you so much in advance!

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 28 June 2023, 22:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Julia Bernadsky,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Was there a reason you were selecting all your segments as your campaign recipients instead of your lists to target those 2083 active subscribers? Since lists are static, they oftentimes have a more accurate count of your subscribers.

I would recommend checking to see how many of those 2083 active subscribers are suppressed. All suppressed profiles will automatically be excluded from your campaigns. This means that even if you had designed all 2083 members as recipients, it could mean only 1099 of those recipients are technically subscribers. 

I hope this helps!

David

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @Julia Bernadsky ,

Welcome to the Community!

In addition to David’s awesome response above, I wanted to offer some guidance on how you can best construct a segment that shows you an accurate representation of the subscribers in your list who are eligible to receive email campaigns:

After adding all your desired definitions for your segment, it is also important to add the following with an AND connector to the definition:

This ensures that not only are you creating a segment of users who meet your preferred criteria, but that the total number of users shown in this segment will only be those who are eligible to receive your email marketing efforts. 

When creating your campaigns, you are able to preview the total number of subscribers on the Recipients tab like so:

Here, you can see if there are any large discrepancies between the total number of users in your segment (top), and the total number intended recipients for your campaign (bottom). If these numbers are vastly different, this will tell you that your segment is likely not accounting for suppressed profiles. 

This is also a good time to check if you have Skipped recently emailed profiles enabled, which will also further reduce the total number of profiles in your recipient list. 

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski