Solved

Klaviyo + Shopify profiles

• 27 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Klaviyo Community,

I hope you’re having a great start to your week. I would appreciate some guidance on what the best way to do the following is. 

I have a Shopify store and a Klaviyo account which I’ve synced.

I can see that heaps of people have subscribed to my marketing via the Shopify checkout. However, with that heaps of people have also chosen not to subscribe. 

On Klaviyo - the people who haven’t subscribed are active profiles. 

Am I supposed to export the list of people from Shopify that haven’t consented to marketing and upload them to Klaviyo and suppress them or should I remove people who haven’t consented using flow filters on each flow I build or how do I ensure I only market profiles that have consented to marketing? 

Looking forward to being guided by the best community in the world! 

Warm regards,

Rox

icon

Best answer by Spark Bridge Digital LLC 27 June 2023, 14:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Hey @smileyrox

With the Shopify sync, you do get the ‘Accepts Marketing’ profile property flowing over from Shopify. You can run a segment that filters - ‘Properties About Someone’ - Accepts Marketing = FALSE. That’ll be all of your contacts that did not consent to marketing via checkout. I’d add in another AND statement that they also did not subscribe to a list to make sure you don’t segment in those who did opt-in via your sign-up forms.

That segment is then able to be excluded from Campaigns. But if you did want to suppress them all fully until they organically Subscribe - you can export this segment and then upload the CSV into the suppressed profile area to bulk suppress them.