I’m pretty new to this, but I’m working with a business owner to get their email marketing up and running. I’m charging them the cost of their account per month while I’m learning. I’m trying to clarify some stuff about profiles, lists and account cost. For some context:
- They’ve not done any email marketing for some time. As far as I can tell they’ve had a newsletter signup form but never sent one.
- They currently send abandoned cart emails via BigCommerce.
- They have about 9000 active profiles in total, but just under a thousand subscribers in BigCommerce. There are also a couple of hundred profiles who have entered the newsletter segment in Klaviyo, but I haven’t proceeded with setting up Klaviyo signup forms yet - it looks like these are folks who have placed orders and consented to newsletters during checkout.
I really want to try and reduce the number of profiles we’re charged for, but I’m not sure if I can since I don’t have any information on people who have unsubscribed (since nothing has been sent to unsubscribe to… it’s been a case of either sign up or don’t). I don’t think I can even create an unengaged segment since only abandon cart emails have been sent.
- Can I still send abandon cart/winback type flows to profiles who are not subscribers? We’re not in the EU.
- If I suppress everyone who isn’t a newsletter subscriber, aren’t I preventing any repeat customers from receiving engagement type flows? It seems like a good idea as far as saving money, but there could definitely be repeat-buyers in that list who might be worth sending re-engagement emails to if the above point is ok.
- Would it be better to proceed with an account paying for the 9000 active profiles, then once we’re sending newsletters and building that list, we can attempt to segment unengaged?
I’d appreciate any insight, thank you!
Best answer by DovView original