Solved

Main Newsletter List not decreasing after suppressing/list cleaning

• 9 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, 

Based on Klaviyo’s recommendation, i’ve been doing list cleaning about every 3-6 months.

I’ve created a segment of unengaged profiles (ie. 180 days 0 clicks + 0 opens + is IN main newsletter list + can receive marketing emails).

I then upload this list to suppress and upload the CSV under profiles>suppressed>

I noticed that once i upload them here, my main newsletter list number still stays the same and doesn’t decrease.

I’ve also created an “can receive marketing emails + is in newsletter list” segment, and it differs from the full number in our main newsletter list.

So I wanted to confirm that these suppressed profiles are still sitting in my main newsletter list?

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 9 January 2024, 10:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@LM0721 

Suppress profiles stay as number in your list but they can’t receive emails… 

Lets say you have 10K subs in main list.. you suppress 1K.. you will still have 10K people in a list but if you try to put this list as the only list to send emails to in a campaign you will see in the count of expected deliveries it will be only 9K people because even though there are people in the list some of them are suppressed and wont receive emails

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Gotcha, that makes sense - i just wanted to confirm that.

Thank you for your help!