Solved

Newsletter list not updating

• 26 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I've been having a really hard time figuring out why the emails gathered from my footer sign up form do not get into the "Newsletter" list and Welcome Email flow. I've already added this in to the form group and i see that the emails are getting tagged as "Newsletter". 

<input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter">

I also did the ff:
- enabled single opt in
- welcome flow email is live

Did i miss something?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 27 August 2021, 22:35

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@aasisters - Welcome to the community!  It looks like you’re on the Shopify platform, correct?  Check your Integration settings (Sidebar → Integration → Shopify) to make sure that folks added from Shopify are in the correct List that your Welcome Series is triggered on.  

See here:

Here some more details in this documentation:

Hope that helps!

Badge +2

Hi Joseph! 

Thanks for the quick response. Yes I think I have properly linked it in my integration settings. See below 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @aasisters,

As previously said, welcome to the Community Forum! We are so happy to have you here with us! 

There are many possibilities as to why your Shopify footer isn’t syncing emails to your designated Klaviyo list. When these things occur, going through a troubleshooting checklist like @retention has wonderfully suggested is always the next step! So far we have ensured the following:

• Your coding snippet is correct
  • Your ‘Newsletter’ List is set to single opt-in, so customers aren’t needing another confirmation step as in 
  • Your Shopify integration is set to receive Shopify subscribers to your ‘Newsletter List

Now that we’ve eliminated those possibilities we’ll move onto other possibilities. It’s important to note that if you just changed your list from Double to Single Opt-in, there is a possibility no one has signed up yet since you’ve changed the settings to be added to the List. A way to test this, or see if instead, profiles are added to Klaviyo, but not added to the list is to test the form yourself. Subscribe through the signup form and seeing where you land in Klaviyo. When you find your profile, do you mind sending a screenshot of your profile’s information? Additionally, have you ensured that the Accepts Marketing setting is enabled within your Shopify Integration settings and points to the Newsletter list that is meant to trigger your Welcome Series flow?

Finally, I’d check out these additional Community Posts to hear from others troubleshooting similar situations!

Thank you for being a part of the Community!

Best,

Taylor 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @aasisters

Checking in to see how your problem-solving is going!  Was your issue ultimately resolved or are you still experiencing problems? 

Would love to hear an update!

Best,

Taylor 

Badge +2

Yes i think it’s ok. the problem was that i had been testing an email that previously had a record already (i just removed it), so it’s not being recognized by the Newsletter list again. when i tested a completely new email, all worked fine :) 

Thanks for the help! I was already looking for alternatives but i eventually returned to Klaviyo and resolved to fix it since its features are one of the most comprehensive. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @aasisters

So happy to hear that everything was resolved for you, thanks for sharing that with us! We love to hear from our users that our features are being enjoyed by our customers!

Have a great day,

-Taylor