Solved

Profiles that get signed up to the 'Newsletter' segment not being added to 'New Subscriber' segment

• 13 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Emails that a sign up form acquire are being added to my NEWSLETTER segment but not my NEW SUBSCRIBERS segment. Not really sure why this is the case.

The definition for NEW SUBSCRIBERS is:

if someone is in or not in [NEWSLETTER] and was added in the last 14 days AND if someone is or is not suppressed for email.

It would appear that anyone who signs up for the NEWSLETTER would instantly go into NEW SUBSCRIBERS with these rules but it’s just not happening, and thus any email flows do not start. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 16 October 2023, 12:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @HomeTownRiot 

Thanks for asking for help with your segment!

Can you share a screenshot of the segment definitions? Based on what you share its hard to tell why your customers are not entering the segment but getting a screenshot of the definitions might help clarify why.

Badge

Hey @HomeTownRiot 

Thanks for asking for help with your segment!

Can you share a screenshot of the segment definitions? Based on what you share its hard to tell why your customers are not entering the segment but getting a screenshot of the definitions might help clarify why.

Yes, here is that screenshot. I’m noticing that these subscribers are actually being signed up but it’s taking hours for them to be segmented into NEW SUBSCRIBERS. Is this common?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @HomeTownRiot 

The segment should update in realtime, so if its taking hours for them to enter the segment there is probably something else going on. Quick follow up question, is your signup form set for double opt in?