Solved

Segment delay making pop up forms useless

• 21 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

So I’m trying to attach my pop up form to my welcome flow, but it takes 7 minutes or more for the segmentation to update, making the pop up form very inefficient.

How can I get my pop up form to trigger my welcome flow immediately?

icon

Best answer by ebusiness pros 22 November 2023, 21:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Ecom1212 

It is always like this when it comes to segments.. if you want to be more urgent than make the form subscribe to a specific list that would be the trigger for your flow. List subscription will happen immediately while segments are not updated immediately but need some time..

Badge

@Ecom1212

It is always like this when it comes to segments.. if you want to be more urgent than make the form subscribe to a specific list that would be the trigger for your flow. List subscription will happen immediately while segments are not updated immediately but need some time..

But then I run into the issue of my Welcome Flow only accepting one trigger (the currently segment that is super delayed)… Do I have to literally create a different flow only for this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

@Ecom1212 you could set a custom property that’s specific to your intended trigger segment as part of the button on your optin form, then use that property as a “flow filter” to narrow the recipients of your welcome series the same way that it would be targeted if the flow was triggered by your segment!