Solved

SEGMENTS AND TAGS

• 13 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi. I’ve created different segments for 4 different team members, in order for them to send out personalized emails to their respective customers once an order has been placed.

Each team leader has 3 different purchasing groups, so I have created 3 different tags for each team leader: i.e Influencer, Paola’s Group, Legacy, Paola’s Group and Lucky Fish, Paola’s Group.

Each customer has 2 tags assigned to them to identify them to their team and purchasing group. i.e. Lucky Fish, Paola’s Group.

But when I create the segment, it either links EVERY customer to the segment or none at all.

I’ve tried adding the tag group to “Tags” next to the segment name. I’ve tried adding a filter. I’ve tried using AND conditions. I’ve tried OR conditions. I’ve tried all of these as a combination or on their own, and it either links ALL customers, or none at all.

I’m not sure if I need to use the format of the Shopify tags, or what I’m doing wrong, but it’s driving me nuts!!

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 13 February 2024, 13:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Paola 

It’s difficult to say what your issue might be without more details of the tag/segment setup

However, it may be the data type you’re choosing in your segment; Shopify tags are stored as a list (array).

So your segment should look like my example below, which will select any contacts who have both values in their Shopify tags. 

Does that help? If not, please provide more info on your setup.

Regards

Andy

Badge +1

Hi Andy

Thanks for helping.

When I set it up exactly as per your example above, it doesn’t attach it to any customers. When I set it up with the “AND” connection, it only links to her profile, and not her 4 customers.

You said “It’s difficult to say what your issue might be without more details of the tag/segment setup”, so what more would you need from me to try solve the problem?

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Hey @Paola! Jumping in here for some clarification as well.  

Each team leader has 3 different purchasing groups, so I have created 3 different tags for each team leader: i.e Influencer, Paola’s Group, Legacy, Paola’s Group and Lucky Fish, Paola’s Group.

Here you mention 3 different tags, but the examples you provided include more than 3 options. It’s a little confusing on what your tags actually are and how you’re using them. Can you be really specific on that so we’re on the same page?

As far as your segment goes, let’s just pick one and take a peek. Can you show us how you have your conditions set up and what the results are? And to confirm the goal, you need to group customers by TWO different tags, inclusively, right? An example of your ideal case would also be helpful. 

Thanks!

Badge +1

Hi all. Thank you so much for all your suggestions and assistance. It seems there was a glitch on the day I was trying to create the segments, which was preventing it from working correctly.

I tried again the next day, and all worked perfectly!