Solved

Shopify Subscriber Number Not Matching Klaviyo List

• 14 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

I am working with a client who uses Shopify and Klaviyo. Klaviyo has an inaccurate number of subscribers compared to Shopify’s list. I then realized that the list in Klaviyo was only double opt-in which I changed now to single opt-in. How can I get those additional subscribers that are in Shopify over to the Klaviyo email list? I’ve tried doing a reimport but that didn’t change the number.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Also, is my assumption right that since my Shopify settings we’re on single opt-in and Klaviyo list was on double opt-in, Klaviyo was not taking those into account?

Any help on this topic would be great!

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by David To 15 June 2023, 18:53

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Atomri,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

It’s important to understand that Klaviyo will not automatically sync historical/existing subscribers from your Shopify list. This applies to primarily to your initial integration sync, but also if you just enabled the sync data from Shopify setting. 

You’re assumption is correct! Sounds like double opt-in is the main cause of this discrepancy. Another important thing to understand is that list management is independent between Klaviyo and Shopify - or any other app/service you may use. This means because double opt-in was enabled on your Klaviyo list, users would need to confirm their subscription prior to being added to the Klaviyo list. 

If you are sure you have explicit consent from these users, you can always add them to your Klaviyo list through a manual import

I hope this helps!

David