What’s the best way to identify unengaged subscribers on newly consolidated main list?

• 2 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I am trying to consolidate multiple lists into one main list and then clean the list so I’m only sending to people who are interested in my emails. 

Currently, I’ve created a segment of all my lists and then converted that segment into a list. 

Now I’m trying to create a Sunset Segment to remove subscribers who are unengaged. 

In the Klaviyo instructions to do this it wants me to select people that have been on the list more than 90 days. But since I just created this segment and turned it into a list I’m concerned that it’s going to look at these people as being on the list less than 90 days (even though they’ve actually been on my email list for more than 90 days in most cases).

What’s the best way to identify unengaged subscribers when I just consolidated all of my lists into one large main list?

Any ideas or insights would be much appreciated!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @Dustin Lee,

Thank you for sharing this question with the Klaviyo Community.

As an alternative to using list membership in the last 90 days for that parameter, you can look into using Created. This is the Profile Created date which will represent the date a profile was created and often will align with the date the user joined a given list. This will be handy because it will account for users across lists.

Segment using Created Date

I hope that is helpful!

Badge +3

That solved my problem @Dov! Man, thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question for me. I don’t know if your solution would have ever occurred to me. 

Already followed your advice and my list is filled with people who are active and want my emails. Thank you!