Solved

Why is this profile suppressed?

• 14 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi all, 

I have a suppressed profile on my list and I can’t see why it’s suppressed. The person didn’t unsubscribe. It’s listed as ‘user suppressed’. I’ve only ever used Klaviyo so it can’t be from a third party email provider as suggested in Klaviyo’s (unhelpful) help article. 

This is the person’s activity list:

• Active on site

Actions

Nov 26, 2023, 6:22 PM GMT+10

• See more

Subscribed to "Subscribers"

That’s all. 

Can anyone explain why this email would be supressed and what I can do? The option to unsuppress has a warning about harming my deliverability - should I ignore that warning and unsuppress it?

Thanks, 

Jules

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 14 December 2023, 09:41

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi  @jules.moradi 

There are a number of reasons why a profile is suppressed. The obvious ones are the contact unsubscribed/marked as spam. But you say that they haven’t done that.

There are other suppression situations: if emails have hard bounced once or soft bounced more than 7 consecutive times, invalid email addresses, or manually suppressed by a user of your account. Though you should see these in the timeline. 

If you haven’t checked already, what’s the reason given for your suppressed profile? You should be able to see that by inspecting their subscription details from their profile screen (example below).

I wouldn’t change their subscription status until you know why they’re suppressed. It might just be a bad email address that you can clean eg .@hotmail.co.k

Regards

Andy