Solved

Multi step sign up form:

• 2 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello Klayvio community,

I’m having issues with my mobile multi step sign up form. 

When visitors land on my website (non klayvio profiles) they are seeing my pop up forms. 

When configuring the setup, I’m having issues with the first name field as I’m collecting SMS first with name field and email on the 2nd popup with name field. 

Should I be having the name field on both email and sms forms? If visitor declines sms and wants to join email, the name field is there. If they decline and select not interested, the first name filed is auto populated to required field and cant close the form. I need to be capturing name fields on both.

What property should i be setting up for name filed on sms from and then what property for name field on email pop up???? This issue I’m having is on both desktop and mobile forms. 

Looking forward to a response. 

icon

Best answer by Omar 3 April 2023, 18:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +43

@LARS305,

Welcome to the community. I've not yet experienced this issue before but have seen similar and odd behavior when having different desktop and mobile versions. Any chance you have 2 firstname fields one for desktop and one for mobile?

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge +1

@Omar 

Yes, I have one for mobile (multi step) and one for desktop (multistep).

Both forms have a first name field. Can that not be done? Have a first name field for mobile and for desktop?

That wouldn’t make sense that I couldn’t collect first name on both mobile and desktop.

Is there a fix you can recommend? I just want to ensure my records stays clean and profiles aren’t being merged with the same name field. 

Look forward to hearing back. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +43

Are you able to use form field for both desktop and mobile?

If not the alternative is to run 2 popups (signup forms) separately, one for desktop and one for mobile. I do prefer this setup since you're able to hone in with testing on what works well for both devices while having both in 1 form has less granular insights.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge +1

@Omar 

I currently have that setup in place. One multistep form for desktop and one for mobile. The issue I’m having is I have SMS form first (if they click not interested it shows the next step). Once the email form pops up and they click on Not Interested, the form doesn’t close as the email field is required and can’t close.

The email property is required as shown above and does the same thing on my mobile form. Ultimately, I want the form to close on the email form if the select not interested. I can’t show them the success page as that’s where the signup discount resides for new email subscribers.

Your help is much appreciated.