Solved

Woocommerce-Klaviyo profile and purchase information

• 8 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi everyone!
I have an an ecommerce store built using Woocommerce and I’ve now integrated Klaviyo. As far as I can tell, for people to have an account on my store where they are able to see their past purchases and invoices I have to create the customer profile using the woocommerce platform and not Klaviyo (if I use the klaviyo registration forms I end up creating a Klaviyo account but not a woocommerce one).
But unleass I buy the pro version or the add on, the registration form of woocommerce is really limited.. Is there a way to integrate some features of Klaviyo into my customer’s profile? For instance: with woocommerce my customers can see thir name and contact information, address, last purchases and invoices. But I want to know and want them to be able to complete their profile with skin type, and hair type. I know Klaviyo allows to ask that and storage that information but that way I would have my customer information scattered in two platforms… Not sure I made myself understood 😅

Thanks to anyone who can help… I’m a litlle bit confused with all this customer information and email marketing.

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 8 March 2023, 16:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @Claudia ,

Welcome to the Community! Thank you for the excellent question about getting started with your WooCommerce and Klaviyo integration. 

Do you know if you are currently using the standard My Account feature for your WooCommerce store, or if your customer accounts are managed by a third-party plugin? It sounds like you might be using the standard free version in WooCommerce which can come with some limitations on functionality and integrations. Thought it can be a pain, using a paid WooCommerce feature may unlock the ability to send customer data collected in Klaviyo to the WooCommerce backend. 

I’m happy to hear that you are enjoying being able to collect customer preferences in Klaviyo using custom properties! Unfortunately, not every customer data platform can be as comprehensive as Klaviyo 😊 so it’s possible that the feature you are looking for in WooCommerce is accessible via a paid plugin or upgraded feature. 

If you are technically savvy or have a developer you are working with to manage your store, you can explore options like Zapier to send custom properties from Klaviyo back into WooCommerce. 

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Badge +2

Hi @Ashley I. !

Yes, it was a great answer! And yes, I’m using the standart My Account free version.
 So, the solution is to use a paid woocommerce feature or use zapier right? For the first one are you talking abou “User Registration for WooCommerce” for instance? Would that help?
 With Zapier I can integrate more features between the both of them and allows me to retrieve information from one to the other?

But with both of them I would always use a registration form from woocommerce and then use Klaviyo to “customize” the profile page right?

Thanks!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @Claudia ,

Glad you found this helpful! 

Yes, it does look like the User Registration plugin you linked would be a good example of one that would work with Zapier. I found some documentation on this here. I know some brands who have also used the Ultimate Member plugin for this in the past as well if you want to evaluate that option. 

Essentially, you should be looking for a plugin option that has an open API or integrates with Zapier (or even directly with Klaviyo!) to allow you to carry that information back to your WooCommerce store. 

With Zapier I can integrate more features between the both of them and allows me to retrieve information from one to the other?

Yes, Zapier is an excellent tool to do this. Depending on the plugin you use, there should be multiple datapoints you can carry over via the integration. 

But with both of them I would always use a registration form from woocommerce and then use Klaviyo to “customize” the profile page right?

Depending on what your plugin offers, you may also find that there is a paid solution that enables you to collect or modify preference details directly in WooCommerce via your registration forms. But this would need to be explored further by a developer. 

But Zapier should be sufficient to carry data collected in Klaviyo back into WooCommerce where direct integrations are not available. 

Badge +2

Hi @Ashley I. 

Thank you very much for all your information and complete answers! You helped me a lot! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

@Claudia  You’re very welcome 😊

i believe the below page and plugin will help

https://usersinsights.com/woocommerce-customer-profile

ps: i do not have any affiliation just searching for my use and found it useful