Solved

Linking a QR code to a SMS sign up form

• 11 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi 

I want to include a QR code in my packages for customers to sign up to SMS marketing giving unique discounts. I also want to include the QR code linked to my SMS sign up form to my socials, does anyone know if this is possible and how I can do it?

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by David To 12 August 2022, 16:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hey @LisaSM - Another QR strategy that has worked with merchants is dropping a piece of paper in their shipment (place in during fulfillment). Something general like 10% off next purchase. But unboxing items has 100% open rate and merchants have been seeing some great engagement when adding a QR code with their shipped orders! Love mixing in different strategies to push the engagement of customer and increase LTV! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @LisaSM,

Adding to @chloe.strange’s great points and resources above, although Klaviyo does not have it’s own QR generator, you should be able to use a third-party QR generator to accomplish your goal such as QR Code Generator Powered by Bitly. You could even use Google Chrome’s built in QR generator to come up with a sharable code if you didn’t mind the cool little dinosaur in the middle. 

QR code generated through Google Chrome

Additionally, if your SMS signup form is a popup or flyout, you may want to consider using an embed form for this strategy. This way, instead of creating a QR code hyperlinked to your homepage or website where visitors will have to wait or take certain actions for the form to pop or fly out, having the QR code linked to a specific signup page with an embedded form would be more user friendly.

David

Badge +2

Awesome do you know if I can use an embed form from klavyio? Thanks for your response.

Lisa 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @LisaSM,

I don’t see why not! If you need some ideas in building your form, you can also check out our form’s library which we offer some prebuilt ones you can either use or select and customize.

David 

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @LisaSM

This is a great question! QR codes can help to gain subscribers outside of your website. You can add your QR code as an image to your SMS message.

This course provides guidance on using QR codes. One thing to note - for the SMS subscribers to be added in the SMS list, they are still required to consent. Here are some of the methods of collecting SMS consent on Klaviyo.

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

~Chloe

Badge +2

I have my consent visible before they click sign up so they can read it. I am wanting to share my QR code and link it to my klaviyo SMS sign up form that I have already on my website, do you know how i do this and then share the QR code to my socials and print it for packages etc. 

Thanks 

Lisa