Solved

SMS pricing unclear to me...

• 30 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hey all,

Maybe I just have brain fry but I’m not understanding how pricing for SMS works…

Two q’s:

1. I see it says send up to 150 sms messages - does that mean 150 in total? So if I have 400 profiles and I send 1 sms mssg - I’m way over the 150 limit just with one sms send?
  2. I see the $20 plan (500 subs) says you can send up to 150. Not sure what this means price-wise? What happens when you need more than 150? 

Is it just me, or is it very unclear from the pricing info on the billing/pricing pages? 

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 30 November 2022, 20:27

View original

3 replies

Badge +1

That’s an awesome and detailed reply! Thank you so much! I totally understand now! 🙏🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Rachel Flam 

Thanks for reaching out to the community for clarification on billing for SMS. Hope to help clear up your questions!

1. SMS messages credits are based on two factors, where the subscriber lives and what type of message you plan to send (e.g. SMS vs MMS). This is different from email, as it may requires more credits to send SMS to subscribers in countries outside of the US. So If you are sending an SMS message to profiles only in the US, you will be able to send up to 150 message per billing cycle. That could be 1 send to 150 profiles or multiple sends to the same select profiles depending on what your strategy is. With a list or segment of 400 profiles, 350 profiles will show as skipped. The table below will show how many credits it takes to send 1 SMS or MMS message depending on the location of the subscriber.

2.  The $20 plan with up to 500 active profiles is an email plan and does not impact your SMS plan. SMS is an add on feature separate from email. All accounts are given 150 SMS message credits for free to try it out and grow their business through SMS marketing per billing cycle. If you need more than 150 SMS message credits per billing cycle you can manually update your SMS plan from your Klaviyo Account settings or set up auto-upgrade.

Hope this helps clarify!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Rachel Flam 

I’m so glad to have helped, hope to see you again in the community again!