Solved

2 Step Authentication- will not disable

• 7 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello, 

It has now been 5 business days since i have emailed Klaviyo support to disable my two step authentication. No one has gotten back to me. I am the owner of the account, nobody else has access to the account. How long does it take for support to get back to you. I am running out of recovery codes. 

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 7 October 2021, 19:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @cskin,

Welcome to the Community! I am very sorry to hear about the long wait time you have had with this issue.

Since this relates to your account’s 2 factor authentication, we would suggest reaching out to your amazing Support Team to resolve. If you were having difficulty accessing your account, you can also submit a request using this form linked in the Unable to Log Into Your Klaviyo Account? section of the How to Contact Support Help Center article.

Disabling 2FA is something that you can do within your own account!

If you are the Owner or Admin of a Klaviyo account, you have the ability to require two-step authentication for all users on your account. Navigate to Account > Settings > Users and check the box to Require two-step authentication for all users.

2step.png

Existing users will be required to enable two-step authentication on their next login. New users will be required to enable two-step authentication when creating their user login.

If you decide to no longer require two-step authentication for all users, you can uncheck the setting at any time. Any users that already have two-step authentication enabled will remain in that state. Users will still have the option to enable two-step authentication for their individual user account.

Have a good rest of your day!

Alex

I am currently trying to add a person to my team but the 2 step authenticator will not disable 

please help me with this issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @bbbooooaa,

2-step authentication is on a per user/per login basis. This means that even if you’ve disabled the requirement for multi-step authentication for all users on your account, this doesn’t mean individual credentials don’t have this setting enabled for their own security. 

This is mentioned in our How to turn on multi-factor authentication Help Center article:

If you decide to no longer require multi-factor authentication for all users, you can uncheck the setting at any time. Any users that already have multi-factor authentication enabled will remain in that state. Users will still have the option to enable multi-factor authentication for their individual user account.

If this user you’re trying to add is having trouble with their authentication, I would encourage you to tell the individual to reach out to our wonderful support colleagues for more help.

David