Solved

250 user limit on free plan - how does this work?

• 10 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I am on the free plan. I have 6 users signed up for my newsletter. However Klaviyo also has 142 other users which seems to be customers.

Those customers (who are NOT signed up for e-mail marketing) seem to count towards the 250 user limit.

I don’t plan on doing any mails besides welcome mails to new subscribers (e-mail marketing) and occasional newsletters - also only to subscribers (currenctly 6).

How can I make sure that only those opted in for e-mail marketing count towards the 250 limit and not all customers?

icon

Best answer by Dov 10 June 2021, 20:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @numzie,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

The 250 limit is referring to total active profiles. The solution is to take everybody who is not in your Newsletter list and suppressing them (another word for turning them inactive). You can achieve this by creating the following segment: If someone is in or not in a list > is not in > Newsletter. From here, you would bulk-suppress this segment. The result will be only the 6 profiles that are a part of your Newsletter list will remain active profiles in your account. For more information on active/suppressed profiles, I recommend reading our wonderful article: About Suppressed Profiles in Klaviyo.

If you wanted to keep profiles that are a part of other lists active in addition to members on the Newsletter list, you would simply add an AND separator to this segment definition and continue the logic i.e. If someone is in or not in a list > is not > Newsletter AND If someone is in or not in a list > is not > New Subscriber List. Keep in mind, bulk-suppression is a permanent action so if you want to keep multiple lists containing active profiles, you should include them all in this segment definition before buk-suppressing.

I hope that helps! Thanks and have a great day.