Solved

Abandoned cart tracking on Shopify

• 14 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Badge

HI,

I have a problem with abandoned cart tracking on Shopify.

I created a test user, placed the product in the cart, then went to checkout but all this is not tracked to me on Audience --> Profiles --> Profile Name

the last trace is the "Viewed Product" product page
and for this reason the automation for the automatic email for abandoning the cart does not work for me.

How can I solve it?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by standoutecom 15 March 2024, 09:47

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hey @Vik85 it looks like your Added To Cart code snippet isn’t properly installed. I’d suggest you refer to this article https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/6985692431259. You can also follow this guide https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001396711 for installing the snippet the right way.

Badge

Thank you very much, so I have to manually install the code.

I thought this behavior was already tracked by default

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hey @Vik85 , the Checkout Started event is tracked by default with the standard Klaviyo → Shopify intergration. The Added To Cart snippet needs to be added additionally. Good luck! 

Badge

A thousand thanks.
I managed to insert the snippet.

Now, however, it doesn't send me the email automatically if the user doesn't make the purchase after a certain number of minutes of not having purchased

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @Vik85,

I believe you have the 1 minute delay set so you can test the process, which I understand. However, 1 minute may not be long enough for the information to sync between Shopify and Klaviyo - I honestly don’t know! I would suggest adding at least a 5 minute delay. If you want to make sure that only you get the email, you can add a flow filter of: Email Address is [your address]. Also, since you have a filter of “has not been in the flow for the last 30 days”, your email address may have gone through the flow (in that small minute!), and now it can’t enter again for a month. I would remove that filter for now, then turn it back on when you are satifsfied that everything is working correctly.
Hope this helps!

Badge

thanks, I did several tests.
Even with 1 minute, just to test it works but 99% of the email about abandoning the checkout status ends up in spam :(

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@Vik85 - that is definitely frustrating. You might want to try different subject lines and pre-headers and see if that helps move them out of spam.

Another idea I had - at my organization, if we get too many emails from the same sender in a short amount of time, or too many emails with the same subject line in a short amount of time, they are blocked because our server thinks it is spam. So if you are doing a lot of tests (as you should!) this could be part of the problem - ?

Badge

thanks, I think so.

I also noticed that emails with a hotmail domain 100% end up in spam, whatever it is (even as the first newsletter email)

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Vik85

Love seeing our peers come to the rescue to help get your issue solved! 

Additionally, I’d recommend checking out these articles as they’d share some insight on why you’re finding your emails are going to spam! 

Hope this helps! 

-Taylor