Changes to our email tiers...

• 11 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We have been a loyal Klaviyo Customer for nearly 4 years! We have an email list of 59,000 customers. We use the platform for both transactional emails and marketing sends. We send on average about 2 Million emails per month. We have 12 active flows that range from abandoned carts to new customer welcomes! 

We have been paying $600/mo for the last 4 years and just got a notice that we would now only be allowed 400,000 emails per month at that price...that is an 80% reduction in our send volume for the same price...that means that each of our 10 sends per month will cost $60...make them count!

The really frustrating part of all of this is that we were given 30 days notice to figure out which 1,600,000 emails per month we were willing to give up...Klaviyo accounts for up to 34% of our monthly revenue...so that is a tough decision...the alternative??? Move to a $2,100/mo plan to be able to have all of the same features and send rates for 4X the price….

Ridiculous!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @The Token Shop,

We’re so sorry to hear you feel this way.

I completely understand that being notified of our new billing structure in such a short amount of time can be frustrating. 

To help along with this transition, our Support Team is handing such concerns on a case by case basis. They’ll be able to address any concerns or further questions you had regarding this new pricing update in a manner that’s more specific towards your account.

You can reach out to our Support colleagues through Email between 6 am–10 pm ET on weekdays and 10 am–4 pm ET on weekends. Alternatively, you can also reach out to them via our live chat between 9 am–5 pm ET Monday through Friday.

I also wanted to extend a thank you for being such a loyal customer’s of Klaviyo!

Have a great weekend!

David

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I received word back from Growth...and this is what they said...you circumvented our sending limits and have been sending emails to 57,000 profiles...which places you on a higher tier...so you should have been paying more this whole time (not my problem). So you can either take an 80% reduction in sends or pay $2,200 per month to continue sending the way you have been...a 336% cost increase!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @The Token Shop ,

I want to extend an apology for the frustration that the upcoming changes to Klaviyo’s pricing and email tiers may have caused.

We have made these changes to align with industry best practices as we build out more structured pricing plans. With that said, we understand your disappointment with the situation and do apologize for the impact you have felt from this change.

I was able to locate the ticket that had been submitted on this topic and can confirm that someone from the team has contacted you to talk through your feedback. I will also be sure to share this feedback with our pricing team to make sure they are aware of the impact that this change has had on your business.

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community and have a great day!

David