Solved

Dedicated link tracking with SSL using Fastly does not work

• 15 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. I am willing to pay for support.

I am trying to set up dedicated link tracking with SSL, as I discovered that the klclick domain that is used by default gets blocked by some ad blockers.

It was quite a hassle to set up as the instructions by Klaviyo are incomplete. However, I believe I have now correctly set up Fastly as a proxy with SSL to the correct domain. I have also contacted Fastly support and they also say that I have set everything up correctly.

However, when I click a link in a campaign email, I get the following error message.

Klaviyo support is telling me that my configuration is incorrect and that I should settle it with Fastly support. Fastly support tell me that the configuration is correct.

I found an article from sendgrid that described exactly this issue:

Adding a Custom SSL configuration | Twilio (sendgrid.com)

To me, it sounds like some configuration has to done on Klaviyo's side.

Does this sound recognizable to anyone? Should I maybe use CloudFront or CloudFlare instead?

Kind regards

Jim,

Howler Audio

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 16 February 2024, 23:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @howleraudio

Welcome to the Community! 

I’m sorry you’ve had a difficult time setting up dedicated link tracking with SSL! While, Klaviyo can’t support troubleshooting and setting this for customers, we did have documentation to help get you started!  

I saw in your conversation with the Support team that as there was something off in the SSL configuration itself, and as the problem wasn’t able to be identified, it was best to disable SSL, but leave dedicated click tracking enabled for the time being.

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor