Solved

Default sender email is not showing i.e. wrong email showing on emails to customers

• 13 February 2023
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I signed up for K the same day I signed up for Shopify not knowing about the limit of support for free accounts. It took me longer than 60 days to set up my shop, so I am now in the wilderness. My default sender email address is set as info@mycompany.com . However, emails are bouncing because the address is coming through as mycompany@mycompany.com which does not exist. What am I to do if the very basics don’t work. I am really fed up with the total lack of access to support. What is the point of the Rolls Royce of system if the ignition key doesn’t work?

icon

Best answer by Irrra 13 February 2023, 18:13

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Flyss

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Klaviyo account.

f your emails are bouncing, it is likely because the default sender email address is incorrect. To resolve this issue, you can do the following:

1. Update your sender email address in Klaviyo: Go to the "Account" section of your Klaviyo account and update your sender email address to be "info@mycompany.com". Make sure to save your changes.

2. Verify your sender email address: Klaviyo requires that all sender email addresses be verified. To verify your sender email address, Klaviyo will send a verification email to the address you just updated. Follow the instructions in the verification email to complete the verification process.

3. Test your sender email address: After verifying your sender email address, you should test it by sending a test email to yourself or to another email address. This will help you determine if the issue has been resolved and if the emails are no longer bouncing.

Unfortunately, as a free account user, you may not have access to live support. However, Klaviyo does provide a wealth of resources and documentation on their website that you can use to troubleshoot your issue.

If you need help with your Klaviyo account, you can contact DIDO Agency - https://didoagency.com/.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you. However, I have tried to do this several times but the page freezes. This happens all the time with the Klaviyo site. This is the only site with which I have this problem. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@Flyss You've tried emailing support but they don't respond, right?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I can’t email support because I’m on a free account and the 60 days have expired. I didn’t know there was a limit and it took me just over 60 days to set up my shopify store. I have just been in contact with Godaddy (registrars of my domain) and they have told me it’s an email issue and have sent me this message, “Okay, so then this is an email issue so you need to ask them to check MX and TXT records of the email and need to add in the DNS. The DNS are here so you need to get the MX and TXT records from them and share with us and then we will fix the issue for you. Ping us back once you got the details.” Now, I can’t contact support t Klaviyo as I have explained and I haven’t a clue what MX and TXT records are. I’m 79 years old, nearly 80 in April, and this is just too complicated for me. I am desperate.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I’ve just found a note in Shopify help. I’ll have a look at that and see if I can work it out. But I have to take my dogs out now. It’ll be dark soon. Thank you for your help so far. I’ll update when I’ve tried the above.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@Flyss 
Glad to hear you found the information to help you! Let me know how it went.
Don't despair, we are here to help and make everything better.
If you have any questions you can always come to me or ask your question to the community. 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

OK - update. GoDaddy still says I have to get MX and TXT records from Klaviyo and I can’t do that because there is absolutely no way I can contact them without upgrading my account. I can’t afford to do that with a new store with no sales and no customers yet. Shopify info didn’t help because not applicable.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@Flyss 

If you need to understand how to get MX and TXT records from Klaviyo, you need to follow these steps:

• Go to the "Settings" section and select "Domains" from the drop-down menu.
  • In the Domains section, you should see a list of your custom domains that you have added to Klaviyo.
  • Find the domain for which you want to retrieve the MX and TXT records and click on the "Verify Domain" button.
  • On the next page, you will see the MX and TXT records that you need to add to your domain registrar's DNS settings. These records are necessary to verify that you own the domain and to allow Klaviyo to send email on your behalf.
  • Copy the MX and TXT records and add them to your domain registrar's DNS settings. This process can vary depending on your domain registrar, so you may need to consult their documentation for specific instructions.
  • After you have added the MX and TXT records to your domain registrar's DNS settings, go back to the Klaviyo "Verify Domain" page and click the "Verify" button. Klaviyo will check to see if the records have been added correctly.

Once Klaviyo has confirmed that the MX and TXT records have been added correctly, your custom domain will be verified and ready to use in your email campaigns.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Oh thank you. I’ll try that now.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

It says Domains and Hosting. There’s nothing there but this message “ 

Dedicated Sending Domain

This page allows you to set up your dedicated sending domain for use on Klaviyo.

Sending from a dedicated domain  improves the likelihood of landing in the inbox.

A dedicated sending domain will enable your From Address on your emails to match the domain you’re sending from, no longer showing a “via klaviyomail.com” message on your emails.”

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

So I put my company as root domain and then add a sending domain eg. send.mycompany.com?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Yes, that should work.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I put mycompany.com and send.mycompany.com and I received the message “Invalid domain. Check domain info and try again.”

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Everyone, I’ve managed to do all you recommend and now have to test it. One of the missing pieces was I had no email service set up. I have now done that with Zoho. The Zoho bit is working. Now to see if the Shopify/Klaviyo bit is working.

Thanks for all the help in what to me was a complete jungle of incomprehensible techie jargon!

Badge

I changed My default sender email address on my Klaviyo as my company store email (before was wrong, using my personal email).  Then Klaviyo sent me email to reconfirm this change,  I also reconfirm this change by going to Setting, Organization, Contact info, Default sender email address, all are correct using my store email  address now.
However, emails are still coming from my personal email instead of my company store email on Email Popup that I setup in Sign-up forms for Bounced visits on my store. 
It may also happen on Abandoned Card that I setup in Flows.

Please help, how can I fix this error, because email marketing from personal email looks very unprofessional.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Ascend88,

Sounds like although you updated your account’s default sending address, you didn’t update the sending address within your existing flows.

As mentioned in our How to change your sender email address and sender name Help Center article:

After changing your default sender email address or name, any email you create after will reflect this. However, pre-existing flows and campaigns do not automatically update; rather, you will need to manually update each email. Prioritize high-engagement flows such as your welcome series, browse abandonment, and abandoned cart flows so you can set them live quickly. See the section below for more details.

David

Badge

Hi David

Thanks for your response.

My existing Flow is correct using the correct store’s email address.

But the Sign-up Form (Success), I still can’t change the Sender Email Address to the correct store’s email address. I can’t see any options to do this change (I went to Style, Targeting & Behaviour etc., not see any options to change the sender email address). 

Please help,  how to change the Sender Email Address in Sign-up Form Email Popup (Success) please? 

Thank you very much. 

Badge

Hi David

I would appreciate if you could help me on the above issue please. 
Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Ascend88,

Do you mind providing more clarification? A sign-up form’s success page isn’t actually sent to users via email. Instead, it’s simply displayed on-screen after someone fills out a form. Hence why there isn’t an option to change or assign a sender email address associated with sign-up forms. 

David

Badge

Hi David

Thanks for your clear explanation.  I tested again, it’s done now.

Thank you again.