Question

Default sender email is suddenly showing up wrong - no changes to account

Badge +3

Suddenly today, even with no changes made on our end, the default name we want to appear when we send emails to our customers is showing up as “Hello com” and not our business name. We have checked the settings and nothing was changed and appears correct on our end. But in inboxes, our emails now come from this Hello com address. No solution found when searching. Is this a glitch or issue Klaviyo is fixing? Or did we do something wrong (without touching anything)?

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hello @kjb23

Thank you for your question!

Let’s troubleshoot this….

• Is this for your campaigns and flows? or just a one-off campaign?
  • Can you take a screenshot of the campaign details? See example below.

• Is this happening in your inbox only or are clients stating the same issue?

I actually updated the friendly from name for a client today and it changed to another name when I sent myself a test because I had the email saved in my inbox. I use Apple Mail - this might be an anomaly but wanted to share. It had never happened to me before.

Looking forward to assisting you!
Alexandra :)

Badge +3

Thanks for your help and insight! This is for all campaigns. I use Microsoft 365 and on my Mac, it shows up as from “Pretty Peptalks.” On my iphone, it shows up as an email from “Hello com”. Here’s what the screenshot looks like. Just started today.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks for your help and insight! This is for all campaigns. I use Microsoft 365 and on my Mac, it shows up as from “Pretty Peptalks.” On my iphone, it shows up as an email from “Hello com”. Here’s what the screenshot looks like. Just started today.

Hello @kjb23  The iPhone is not showing the full text and that is why you just see hello..com . Try tapping on the domain and you will see the full address.

Badge +2

@AlexandraPalau Did you have a solve for this?  This issue also happened over the weekend to a brand I am working with.  The sender name is set as “Cinq a Sept” but it comes through as “Customer Service” Is this because the recipient has that sender email address saved as Customer Service so it overrides it? Thank you in advance!

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@Raybuck Design Hello!

Thanks for your question.

Is the screenshot you provided from your own inbox or from a random client? Did you receive customer complaints?

Thanks!

Alex :)

Badge +2

@AlexandraPalau The screenshot is from my client and someone who works for the company the email is from. Thanks for your help!!  

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@Raybuck Design 

It sounds like the same issue that I encountered.

That email is recognized in their Apple mail and it updated the name automatically to be Customer Service.

Always send check emails outside of your typical environment and you will see what most of your subscribers are experiencing. You should be all set! 😊

Is there a way to override this in Klavyio? Same thing happened to me this morning and now all emails show up as sent by customer service (I havent updated anything on my phone) when it is set as Burning Torch in our campaign.

Please help! 

Badge +1

Is there a fix for this or will Apple Mail just continue to assign a different sent-from name? This is happening with our emails - sender address is ‘news@brandname.com’ and now Apple Mail updates the sent from name to ‘Brand Name News’ instead of the name we actually set in Klaviyo.

Badge +3

I have the same question/instance. Is there anything we can do to stop iOS from changing the name automatically? Or is this on the end user/customer? 

Hi! I’m having the same issue as of recently. Some clients (using apple mail) are reporting that our sender name is coming through as “Brand Name Customer Support” when I can see in Klaviyo our sender name is set to just “Brand Name”. 

Is there anything I can do on the sender side? Or what is the explanation for this?