Solved

How can I track 'add to cart' event & get support?

• 16 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello, 
I have two questions:
1. After putting the Klaviyo Embed enabled in my store, i tried the first snipped and the 2. = both was just tracking my email but i dont get the “added to cart” in my metrics. Inside the snippet i also changed the ID name for the button.
Just to get sure, i followed everything inside these two article:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001396711
https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/4425956184731

So what exactly i have to do in order to see the tracking for adding to the cart?

1. I have the Standard plan, and it says that i get the support via Email and live chat if i have this. I can rather change my plan or write with the support. So I have the standard plan but no support?
icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 2 February 2024, 19:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Retail

Thanks for sharing your question with us! Happy to help! 

So to be clear, you have successfully installed your onsite tracking and see the viewed product metric tracking in your account correct? 

The Added to cart script should be added under the viewed product code on your site’s backend. Do you mind sharing a screenshot of your button’s code and the add to cart code you’re installing? Then we can better identify what the button needs and if your code matches up! 

If you are a free plan, you have access to support for the first 60 days to help you get started! However, after that period of time, you will not have support or chat access unless you upgrade to a free plan.

Finally, I’d check out some other threads of users with similar questions, who found solutions, to gain more insight! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge

So i just have to upgrade from a free plan to a free plan in order to get the support. How I do this exactly, because everytime I wanted to change my plan it wasn’t working. 

Yes I put the code exactly in the right position, and I also checked if my button is a Id. I will sent the second picture in the next message

Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Retail

Thanks for your patience! 

As your Add to Cart button snippet has a button ID, and you should follow this section of documentation to add it into your site, looks like you are missing some code, specifically the .addEventListener portion of the code that should be added after your button’s ID. 

<script type="text/javascript">
var _learnq = _learnq || [];
document.getElementById("AddToCart-8700415574359").addEventListener('click',function (){
_learnq.push(['track', 'Added to Cart', item]);
});</script>

If you ever want to upgrade your plan for more support other than the Community, you can follow our documentation here

Hope this helps! 

-Taylor