Solved

How do I TEST my new preference center?

• 29 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello everyone,

I created a custom preference center, and I’d like people who click “Unsubscribe” in the email’s footer to go to this new custom hosted page to either 1) change the email preferences 2) completely unsubscribe.

How do I go about testing the new page?

Meaning, I want to send myself an email campaign, click on unsubscribe, and play around with the preferences. How do I get the unsubsribe link to point towards the new preference center page?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 29 November 2022, 20:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hello @Andrew.Walters ,

Thanks for sharing with the Community.

To achieve this, you will need to "set it live" by updating your Preferences Pages or specific List Subscribe pages however you can always test by sending yourself a single email using these instructions:
https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005246328-How-to-Email-a-Single-Person-Using-Klaviyo

I would just ensure that the template you are using includes a {% manage_preferences %} tag somewhere.

Hope that helped,

Alex

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks @alex.hong

What’s the difference between {% manage_preferences %}

and {% manage_preferences_link %}

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Andrew.Walters ,

You can use the manage preferences tag in a button or image block. The difference is instead of using {% manage_preferences %} you would use {% manage_preferences_link %}​in the URL section of the image or button block. This will re-direct them to the manage preferences page.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

ok. Got it. Thanks.