Skip to main content

Hey! I am trying to add the “add to cart” snippet and have followed the instructions:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001396711-Create-a-Custom-Add-to-Cart-Event-for-Shopify

However, I am using Shopify Colorblock theme and every Add to Cart button has it’s own button ID. 

I tried both methods in the hyperlink above.

None of these work and Klaviyo does not recognize that the snippet is installed.

I really don't know what to do anymore, I have watched so many videos already and try everything. 

Something I have notice is that when people are pasting the snipped the tag they have before it is </script> but mine is </style> could that be the problem????

Help please,

Thank you

Hi there @Catarina S

Thanks for sharing your question with us. Sorry the add to cart metric has been tricky, happy to help! 

Have you tried snippet 2 and 3 and also haven’t found success? Did you discover whether your add to cart is a class or ID notation? That will determine what snippet will be needed. You will need to use the script tag to end the code as well.

Additionally, since this is custom code work, you’ll need to make sure there isn’t any extra spaces, wrong letters etc as custom coding is very exact! 

Thanks for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor