Solved

How to Change {{ organization.url }

• 21 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

We have recently changed our site’s url.  Now all the links in our flows that use {{ organization.url } go to the old URL and not the new one. I can’t find where in Klayvio settings I update what the organization.url is.  Please help!

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 21 September 2021, 09:33

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@Dalelea 

You can change this in account settings.. 

So go to Account → Contact Information → Organization → Website URL

Website URL is actually what is added to klaviyo {{ organization.url }} code

Badge +2

FABULOUS!! thank you!  I searched the hell out of that on Google and Klayvio and nothing came up.  MUCH appreciated :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Dalelea

Welcome to the Community! Happy to hear @Bobi N. found such a quick solution for you!

Whenever you add the a Dynamic Variable, like the {{ organization.url }} variable, it will dynamically pull whatever is set up in your account settings. Klaviyo doesn’t ever change information, but in a sense makes a ‘call’ to see what is the information it’s looking for in that tag or variable and displays it. If this feature every seems to misfire or not show properly, it’s always a good idea to see how the information you’re looking for is brought into Klaviyo or check to see if your code is assembled properly and asses what the error might be from there! 

Being able to have our peers jump in and help solve issues is what makes the Community and its users like @Bobi N. so great! 

Best,

Taylor 

Badge +2

Hi, My URL is correct in the Account Settings, but when I add a Dynamic Tag with the .URL, it takes me to my URL, but misspelled. Is there somewhere else it could be pulling from?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @rachellorengullo

Thanks for sharing your question with the Community! 

When using the dynamic {{ organization.url }} variable tag, this variable should call the URL in your account settings. If you notice that your URL in your settings is correct, yet the destination URL the variable sends you to is incorrect or misspelled, I would suggest investigating your event data to see what the URL is displayed as in your data. If you notice that the event data shows the same error or mispelling, then this could potentially be your culprit. Your next steps would be to further investigate the backend of your ecommerce store so the proper variable and URL is being pushed over to Klaviyo. Once you’ve found the issue and rectified it, the {{ organization.url }} variable tag should correct send you to the right URL!

Thanks for being a part of the community!

-Taylor 

Badge +2

Hi taylor, thanks for the reply! We figured out why it was mispelled and changed it on the backend of the site. Is there a way to modify the url value for both "viewed product" and "add to cart" events' historical data?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @rachellorengullo

So happy to hear this was resolved! Unfortunately, there is no way to modify the url in your historical data. Once an event/data has been recorded within Klaviyo, we would not be able to make any changes or adjustments to those pre-existing/pre-recorded data.

I suggest taking a look at a similar post, about updating a current custom event, to gain more insight! 

-Taylor