Skip to main content

Hi There,

How do you setup two-factor authentication via SMS? Can’t find any info sorry.

Cheers, Ben

Hey @Ben 

Do you mean when signing into your klaviyo account, you want to setup 2fa and enter the OTP code sent to your phone? If yes, I dont think this is possible, however you can use apps like Authy or google authenticator for multi-factor authentication. 

I think this article might help - https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026617692

I was not able to find anything for logging in via SMS. I hope this helps

Cheers

Arpit

@ArpitBanjara Thanks for that.

I did read that article but those options (apps etc) are painful to use compared to SMS.

SMS is standardised across the 20 (ish) other services we use, so team members never have to remember a different way of logging-in - which only encourages people to turn-off two-factor.

It’s like when payment services/banks block password managers from entering passwords, people just create easy-to-use passwords. Security that doesn’t account for humans is not secure - right?

Considering the amount we pay for Klaviyo, and the sensitivity of the data, SMS should absolutely be an option. No question.

Hey @Ben 

You are absolutely correct,

I will tag @chloe.strange @kaila.lawrence @stephen.trumble to see if I am missing something...

Thanks Ben for following up in this other thread:

We really appreciate the feedback. I will update when available. 

~Chloe