Klaviyo logging me out several times a day...

• 21 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

For a while now, Klaviyo has been randomly logging me out a few times daily. Usually, I’m in the middle of working on something. To make matters worse, each time I log back in, I’m presented with a captcha (I’ve lost count of the number of bridges and motorcycles I’ve selected!) even though I have 2FA enabled. Very frustrating when deadlines are looming...

What is the rationale behind the session termination? Is it just me being picked on 😉 or are others experiencing this?

Regards

Andy

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

HI @bluesnapper I experience this occasionally as well. I work with an agency, and I sometimes see when I’m switching between accounts that it wants me to log in again and redo the 2FA. It could be the settings on the account itself - or perhaps the browser? I use Chrome on a PC and I have 2FA enabled and I’ve never had to do anything other than check off the captcha (no counting motorcycles or crosswalks). Could that be it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Glad it’s not just me (sorry!) @KatherineB 

I switch between client accounts too. However, it happens when I’m in a client account (on Chrome/PC). When it occurs, usually in the middle of editing something (!), Klaviyo becomes unresponsive. I have to refresh and I then get presented with the login/captcha/2FA. 

Regards

Andy

Would be great if Klaviyo kept me logged in for more than 24 hours. I use it every day, and every day I have to login with 2FA, which is a pain but I understand the security reasons behind it.

Would be nice to stay logged in for at least a week.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

@pwalls this is feedback we can take back to the Klaviyo team!

Thank you for sharing,

Katherine

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@bluesnapper hey, this might be a silly question, but have you tried using it with a different browser? 

Chrome can get pesky sometimes if you’re not fully updated, if you have an extension that might be running interference (adblockers or script blockers like Ghostery etc.), or if there’s a malware infestation you might not be aware of.

Try running Klaviyo on Opera or Microsoft Edge (both built using Chromium), or even try Mozilla (which has a different architecture but works fairly well from my experience).

If you’ve used a different browser without a hitch, then doing a hard reset of your Google Chrome (fully deleting everything from it, uninstalling, then installing it again) should do the trick, or running a system wide malware check with a few different systems (Bitdefender, Malwarebytes).

I once had a malware infestation that literally mimicked Google Chrome in every single way, except I could never set up a different default search engine than what the malware wanted me to have. Not to scare you or anything, but weird things are possible!

Happy to chat further and troubleshoot with you!