Solved

Live Chat Not Working - Defaulting to ChatBot

• 3 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I am using a paid account for our business and all of our clients are on paid accounts, as well. For the past week the Live Chat has been sending us to a Chatbot instead of a human agent. What is causing this? Is Live Chat gone or has something happened that is sending us to the chatbot and not a human?

This has been a bit of an issue as we’ve been trying to resolve a couple unique things for one of our clients.

icon

Best answer by chloe.strange 8 March 2023, 14:49

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @aabuhanna

Thanks for being a part of our community! It sounds like you have access to multiple accounts and I haven’t heard of any issues with chat. What I would guess might be happening, sometimes for multi accounts, you might end up in a free account which doesn’t have access to chat. Can you double check in the bottom left corner of the screen to confirm that you are in the correct, paid account? Let me know if you continue to have this issue. 

~Chloe

Badge +1

I can confirm that our accounts are all paid. We had one new client that we onboarded last week, and they were on the free tier and we had no issues. We had upgraded them to paid at the beginning of the week and that is when this issue began defaulting to the chatbot.

I have tried accessing live chat in every paid account we have and it all goes to the chatbot

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

@aabuhanna, thanks for confirming. When you go to the Support tab and select Live Chat, the chat window will pop open - it will appear to be a bot, this is to try and triage any issues there with the chatbot. If you write “talk to an agent” or something similar, it will connect you to an agent. Let me know if that works.

~Chloe

Badge +1

Hi Chloe,

Apparently “Talk to an agent” doesn’t work but “Connect to a person” does.

It’s strange. Before this week it never defaulted to the chatbot, it always just went straight to asking me about what my problem was and connecting me to a person.

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Thanks @aabuhanna for sharing and for the feedback, I’ll share that with the team - apologies for the inconvenience it caused!

~Chloe

Badge +1

I’ve tried ‘talk to an agent’ and ‘connect with a person’ and neither are working.

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

@International Elf Service, I replied on the other thread, but recapping here as well:

But essentially, the chat experience has recently changed as we’ve recently made some changes with the chatbot to help redirect you with the best resources. As you provide more context to your issue the chatbot will be able to connect you to the best possible resource.

~Chloe