Solved

New account with a small list

• 1 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi, a new client of mine has a small email list (1300). She has no engagement data. We are not setting up dedicated sending server.

Based on all that, Is it ok to not worry about warming the infrastructure and start by sending to the whole list? (out of the 1300 subscribers, 128 of them are purchasers over *all time*)

Thanks so much!

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 2 June 2023, 07:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Happy Camper 

The best practice for new accounts is to start with turning live welcome and abandoned cart flows for a while and then give it 15 days to a month to warm up through those 2 flows.

After that the first campaign start with just the engaged in last 30-60 days to make sure your open and click rates are good (OR over 30% is really important)

If with this you achieve OR over 30% which i think you will then you can gradually start increasing the people you send to with each send but again try not to go below 30% OR (open rate).

Just to give short explanation from my previous experience, we are not doing warming up just because it is a new account but also to be able to have good KPI’s and specifically the OR. 

Having a small list doesn’t mean you can start sending immediately to everyone. The problem may be that those 1300 subs are not to much active and they may have OR of 10-15% so that still may be a problem for the account and it may be put under low IP pool Klaviyo account and they may start having problems with going into spam..

Badge +4

This is helpful. Thanks @Bobi N.