Skip to main content

Hi there!

Please guide as I am a new freelancer to start with klaviyo for email and sms marketing, I have very basic questions in my mind e.g.:

1- What to ask my first client to start with?

2- Do I have to use my klaviyo account or client account to upload client’s contact list and start accordingly?

3- Please guide what else to ask first client to start working on klaviyo for email & sms marketing?

I have explored klaviyo and confident to work with.

I will appreciate your reply and guidelines.

Thank you.

Aamir Bashir

Hi @aamirbashir,

Welcome to the Klaviyo community!

First things first - I would recommend signing up as a Klaviyo partner here. This will give you access to a bunch of great resources including the Partner Academy and resources around co-selling with Klaviyo. The academy is filled with helpful resources around getting started - I would recommend starting with the Sales Certificate.

To answer your questions:

1- What to ask my first client to start with? If they are already on Klaviyo, you would need to ask them to share admin level access to the account with you. You can access multiple accounts from one sign in. 

2- Do I have to use my klaviyo account or client account to upload client’s contact list and start accordingly? If your client isn’t setup yet, you would create an account on their behalf. If they are an eCommerce client, Klaviyo integrates into pretty much all of the platforms out there. The power of the platform is having as many data sources flowing in as possible so you can use this for segmentation, personalisation & automations. If the client is using another provider like Mailchimp there is also a prebuilt integration to pull data in.

3- Please guide what else to ask first client to start working on klaviyo for email & sms marketing? Klaviyo comes prebuilt with a ton of pre-built flows (marketing automations) to help drive revenue for the merchant. I would get started in the flow section. You can also set up a free account for yourself to play around with all the learnings from the trainings. 

Again - welcome along to the community! If you have any questions as you get stuck in, feel free to reach out! 

Thanks
David

Appreciated!