Solved

NS Record Type

• 23 January 2024
  • 10 replies

Badge +2

Hi!

I want to set up my branded sending domain, and to do so I need to add Klaviyo’s NS (Record type) to my domain provider.

I used Shopify to purchase my domain. I have no NS option in Shopify - just the TXT one. I attached an image for reference.

What should I do next? Again, my domain is managed from Shopify, not from a host provider like GoDaddy. I saw that it might worb by switching  from dyanmic to static, but I still want to check it out if there’s any other way.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 5 February 2024, 23:24

View original

10 replies

Badge

You might have to set it to static instead of dynamic. That way you can use the cname record. 

Badge +2

You might have to set it to static instead of dynamic. That way you can use the cname record. 

I tried this already. Added all the requested things and pressed on “Very records” but it’s not verified. I’ve been trying since yesterday. 

Badge +2

P.S. When I was setting up the Dynamic configuration instead of the Static one, the TXT record was immediately confirmed by Klaviyo. Now no TXT or CNAME appear as verified records.

Badge

I know it does take a while for CNAME and TXT to verify. It’s not an immediate thing. Could take a few hours. 

Badge +2

I know it does take a while for CNAME and TXT to verify. It’s not an immediate thing. Could take a few hours. 

72 hours late, nothing happened - Still Pending.

Isn’t any Klaviyo Staff here to support?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @Paul09

Using Cloudflare can be a simple solution to be able to use the dynamic option.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Userlevel 1

In Klaviyo did you select “Static” instead of “Dynamic”, and selected “Other” domains?

It would give you the option to enter CNAME instead of NS which is what is in Shopify - I can see you did get those records

it may be best to remove everything that you put in and start again the next day - it shouldn’t take long to verify as mine was instant

Badge +2

I will try once again… But yeah, not working.

Did anyone find a solution to this? Having the same issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello all, 

Sometimes this issue can arise if cname records return nothing after verification, even if txt records are set up for correctly for the _dmarc and _provider entries.

To resolve this you will need to reach out to your DNS host to find out why these are not being reflected as expected! 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor