Solved

NS Record Type

• 23 January 2024
  • 10 replies

Badge +2

Hi!

I want to set up my branded sending domain, and to do so I need to add Klaviyo’s NS (Record type) to my domain provider.

I used Shopify to purchase my domain. I have no NS option in Shopify - just the TXT one. I attached an image for reference.

What should I do next? Again, my domain is managed from Shopify, not from a host provider like GoDaddy. I saw that it might worb by switching  from dyanmic to static, but I still want to check it out if there’s any other way.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 5 February 2024, 23:24

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello all, 

Sometimes this issue can arise if cname records return nothing after verification, even if txt records are set up for correctly for the _dmarc and _provider entries.

To resolve this you will need to reach out to your DNS host to find out why these are not being reflected as expected! 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Did anyone find a solution to this? Having the same issue

Badge +2

I will try once again… But yeah, not working.

Userlevel 1

In Klaviyo did you select “Static” instead of “Dynamic”, and selected “Other” domains?

It would give you the option to enter CNAME instead of NS which is what is in Shopify - I can see you did get those records

it may be best to remove everything that you put in and start again the next day - it shouldn’t take long to verify as mine was instant

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @Paul09

Using Cloudflare can be a simple solution to be able to use the dynamic option.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge +2

I know it does take a while for CNAME and TXT to verify. It’s not an immediate thing. Could take a few hours. 

72 hours late, nothing happened - Still Pending.

Isn’t any Klaviyo Staff here to support?!

Badge

I know it does take a while for CNAME and TXT to verify. It’s not an immediate thing. Could take a few hours. 

Badge +2

P.S. When I was setting up the Dynamic configuration instead of the Static one, the TXT record was immediately confirmed by Klaviyo. Now no TXT or CNAME appear as verified records.

Badge +2

You might have to set it to static instead of dynamic. That way you can use the cname record. 

I tried this already. Added all the requested things and pressed on “Very records” but it’s not verified. I’ve been trying since yesterday. 

Badge

You might have to set it to static instead of dynamic. That way you can use the cname record.