Solved

opening app from shopify always gives 403 error

• 11 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

A client sent me a Klaviyo invite but I am never able to launch the app from their Shopify store. I have access to their store’s Products, Themes, and Apps. I have deleted all site settings (cookies, etc.) and logged in fresh. I have had them resend me invites. But every time I click the App from within Shopify admin I get this error:

Access to www.klaviyo.com was denied

You don't have authorization to view this page.

HTTP ERROR 403

I’m at a loss and frustrated that I can’t help my client.

icon

Best answer by DavidV 13 March 2024, 01:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +21

Hi @mmattern,

Welcome to the Klaviyo community!

That’s an odd issue - I’m not too sure why it’s coming up with that message. In saying that - the Klaviyo app is not embedded into the Shopify ecosystem directly. Have you been invited into the actual Klaviyo account? 

If you were able to successfully click through from Shopify it simply takes you to the Shopify integrations page inside of Klaviyo (after signing in).

Personally I always log in for my clients via https://www.klaviyo.com/login. You can switch between Klaviyo accounts in the bottom left corner from there. 

If your client hasn’t added you in Klaviyo yet, they can do so by navigating to Settings → Users → Add New user. The direct link is here.

I hope that helps!

Thanks
David

Badge

Thank you so much for your response! I am able to log into the Klaviyo website but I’m not able to see integrations. Is that something where the client would need to grant me additional permissions?

Userlevel 5
Badge +21

Hi @mmattern,

Most welcome! That’s right - access to integration settings are linked to the permissions you have. This article includes a full breakdown of each of the available user roles and the access they have.

Hope that helps!

Thanks
David

Badge

Thanks again! I was able to get the account permissions I needed to make updates. I think the 403 generic error made me think something was broken rather than a user permission issue. I'm grateful for your assistance!