Solved

Product feed - What products should the customers view first missing options

• 19 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi there

Do my options in "product feed" depend on which webshop system I have?

As You can see in my screenprint, I do not have the op to show the "Best-selling products" and "Both best-selling and most viewed products".

It this because I have the wrong settings?

Best Regards
Erik /Gilpa.dk

icon

Best answer by David To 21 October 2022, 20:17

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Erik-Gilpa,

Like many aspects of Klaviyo, the options available to you wouldn’t necessarily be determined by the ecommerce system you’re using; but rather the metrics that are recorded in your account. For this instance, regardless of the integration you’re using (including custom), you should be able to order your products by "Best-selling products" so long as you have recorded an Ordered Product event. Once you record an Ordered Product event, you should also see the "Both best-selling and most viewed products" option too since the “most viewed product” is based on the viewed product event. 

I hope this helps!

David

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey @David To 

Thanks for Your answer. 

How do I check the settings about Ordered Product event? - and change the sitting?

Best Regards

Erik

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Erik-Gilpa,

You can check up on your Ordered Product event and see all the recent events it has recorded like any other metric in your account by navigating to the Metrics tab. Here, you’ll find a running list of all the metrics that have been recognized. 

Do you mind providing more details on what you mean by “changing the (ordered product event) setting”? If you’re connected to Klaviyo from an ecommerce platform that has a native integration with Klaviyo, you typically wouldn't have the ability to edit those metric/event settings.

If you were on a custom platform through a custom integration however, I would advise speaking with your developer regarding the settings you were interested in updating. You can also find more details and information on how a custom platform integrates with Klaviyo from guides such as Integrate a platform without a pre-built Klaviyo integration found in our Developer Portal

David

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey @Erik-Gilpa,

Do you mind providing more details on what you mean by “changing the (ordered product event) setting”? If you’re connected to Klaviyo from an ecommerce platform that has a native integration with Klaviyo, you typically wouldn't have the ability to edit those metric/event settings.

That just me - i’m not into all the tecnical part of the integration. It is a danish webshopsystem that are connected via API (I think). They only use “Placed Order”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Erik-Gilpa,

Got it! Since it sounds like the shop is connected to Klaviyo via API (custom integration) without passing along an Ordered Product event, then it’s to be expected that you aren’t seeing the "Best-selling products" and "Both best-selling and most viewed products" options. 

As highlighted in the previously mentioned Integrate a platform without a pre-built Klaviyo integration Developer guide:

For each line item, you should also make a Track request payload to generate an Ordered Product event. This metric is useful if you plan to create any filters or triggers based on product-specific information (as opposed to an order as a whole) that isn't "top-level" for the Placed Order metric. This metric is also used in conjunction with your Catalog Feed in order to enable personalized recommendations and in the benchmarks feature to calculate average item value and average cart size

If you did want to order your dynamic product feed by best-selling products, I would advise reaching out and working alongside your developer to implement this change. If you need more hands on assistance or an introduction to a developer, I would recommend reaching out and speaking to some of our wonderful Klaviyo Partners

David

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks @David To 

I have reached out to my developer to implement this change sometime in the future 👍