Skip to main content
Solved

Request to Downgrade from Paid Subscription to Free Plan

• 5 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I want to downgrade my paid Klaviyo subscription to the free plan. How can I do this? Should I close my account?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @shawn0564,

Thank you for your question.

You can see your current plan in the Billing Overview. If you click on “Cancel plan” it will bring up a screen where you can cancel your your plan without deleting your account:

However, if you want to downgrade your plan to the free plan you are better off contacting the Klaviyo Support team. This will mean you downgrade to the limits of the free tier. More information can be found in this article. 

Hope that helps!

Thanks
David

Badge

If I cancel my plan and switch to the free Klaviyo version, will my credit card still be charged monthly because it's attached to my account?

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@shawn0564 just to clarify - to do a full downgrade, you need to contact support. But yes - they will remove the monthly charges from the account when you are on the free plan! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @shawn0564,

Only account Owners or Admins can downgrade to free plan and I would follow the documentation our Champion linked above on how to do so. The process is essentially cancelling your paid plans, but not closing your account.

However, you don’t need to contact support, you can do this yourself. You only need to contact support if you have a reviews plan you need to downgrade as well.

Once you downgrade, we will not continue to charge your card you’ve had on file. 

-Taylor